Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post needed for a Fanuc O/T control

greg24

I am new at this so,here it goes.I need to know if anyone has a post set up for a fanuc o/t control that's on a american 40x25x132" lathe.All the posts that I have are set in diameter value and I need a post that is set for radius value and possibly in mm.(though inches is ok)

I also would like to know if anyone could help me with a Haas VF-6 mill(2000 model) post?

If someone could also give me some insight as to set a post up for the same controls as above.All help will be very appreciated.You can send responses to [email protected]

Greg

Thanks, Roger for the information on the lathe post. When I find this dia_mult : 2 # multiplier for output on x axis, how do I change it? As I said before I am a beginner at this as far as the mastercam software. I have made custom posts for our other controls using other "old" software packages but never mastercam.I do need to ask another "dumb" question and that is, is there an easy way to output code into metric instead of inches? I can use it this way but we need the different outputs(inches & metric) because I program in both units most of the time.

As far as the haas post for our mill, I have one already I was just trying to fine tune it.

Thanks again.

I have a new problem now and that is when I try to open the .pst file(post), I get the error window that pops up and says that it "cannot find SEdit.exe" and "this program is needed for opening files of the type 'pst,surfcam pst files".The story behind this is my fault I think, and that is about 2 months ago I downloaded the free 60 day surfcam from their website to try it out and wasn't impressed. Since then we got mastercam in the shop and I never uninstalled the surfcam until now.When I tried to save my updated post from the above change, it said that the "free" surfcam editor that I downloaded cannot be used to save this type of file. I then uninstalled the surfcam completely and tried open the post to modify and save the new changes, but the error box described above popped up. I then uninstalled the mastercam completely and installed it again but the window still pops up with the message "cannot find SEdit.exe" file.

Can anyone please advise if they have ever had this problem and maybe the solution to this problem?