Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sub program routines?

hordur

Im engraving serial numbers into the details im producing, but im running into some problems..

The only way i know howto do this is to make 2 separate programs, one with the main machining and one with the serial number engraving.

Since i will eventually forget to run the second program im tying to find a way to run it as a sub-program.

but how do i do this?

i cant find anything in mastercam relating to sub-programs and my manuals are not as well-explaning as i would want..

the mastercam is X2MR2 and the machine is Okuma Multus B400

simply make a .SDF (scheduled program)

should look like this:

code:

PSELECT MD1:PART.MIN

PSELECT MD1:SERIAL.MIN

END

then in the machine , load the .SDF in scheduled prog_oper mode , program select , the .SDF file

in auto this should run like this

cycle start , the machine automatically load PART.MIN

runs it

load SERIAL.MIN

runs it

cycle end

look in special function book of Okuma this is weel explain, well better than me , i hope wink.gif

well, im making chuck bodys, 50 of them, and engraving each and every one with a uniqe serial no..

so any hint and suggestion in how to do this in a easier fashion is GREATLY appreciated smile.gif

the .sdf solution smells like a good option, but does it work with "normal" programs or do i need to remove the M02 (end program) command?

i checked the manual and i must say, your explanation is in fact better than anything ive found so far...

bad okuma or good axela? smile.gif

ok i will try to be more specific

the probgrams in .MIN remains identical with the M02 at the end

all the programs must be in the specifien folder in .sdf , in this case "MD1"

the sdf simply runs programs one after the other like and operator will do by selecting the programs by hands one by one .

• 1 month later...

I managed to get it loaded properly (am dry-running it as i type) but its bugging me that nothing is visible in the display, where the program is normally visible..

Is it possible to add any info thats visible before i run it (and it loads the predetermined programs)?

As it is now it looks like nothing is loaded, meaning it could get confusing.. :/