Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

buffers ???

bbarron

banghead.gif

Mastercam X3 mill level 3

I am looking for some help with buffers, I have searched the fourm and found some information but I either can't grasp it or I need a shove in the right direction. I am using the generic fanuc 4x post that has had some slight modifactions made to it. I want to send the workofs$ variables to a buffer and be able to retireve them at the begining of my post. so far I have tried to set up the buffer and send the prameter over to the buffer here is what I have and it does not work.

wbuf : 1

rbuf : 1

fbuf 1 1 10 0

preadbuf

workofs$ = rbuf (1,0)

pwritebuf

workofs$ = wbuf(1, wc1), e$

I have missed it by a mile so any help would be appericated.

Well, you seem to know that the buffer count starts at 1. Zero is reserved to find the size of buffers that already have data.

WBUF and RBUF are the write and read function names, not the write count and read count.

Change WBUF:1 to WC1:1, and RBUF:1 to RC1:1. The read line should be

workofs$ = rbuf(1, rc1). Be aware that RC1 is incremented automatically on each read. So is WC1. The 10 in FBUF probably should be 1 [wide]. Send me the post if you still have trouble.

You may not need to make a separate subroutine of PREADBUF and PWRITEBUF, but that depends on the structure of the rest of the post.

Thank you John that worked great! Now if I could pick your brain again, now that I have all that information stored in my buffer how can I read back the workoffset in order and get rid of the duplicates? I have created a look up table which will output my G10 lines but the buffer returns a ton of the same number and in the order it was recieved. Thank you again for the help.