Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Routine shop maintenance

I'm trying to put together a routine maintenance schedule for our milling department. We have 14 mills. Brands are Makino, Deckel, Mitsui, Kitamura, and Fadal. We have two programmers, two setup/operators and two operators. We keep the machines running all the time but I don't think we are doing enough preventative maintenance. We also have a maintenance crew but they only get involved if something goes seriously wrong because two of them work full-time in our lathe department and the head maintenance guy works at one of our other buildings. So I am wondering how the other shops out there are dealing with the issue of keeping the machines in good condition without sacrificing production.

Thanks

quote:

In the manual, that should be outlined.

Our Deckel Maho DMU 80 sends an on-screen message to the control when periodic maintenance is due.

The intervals are 50, 250, 1000, and 2000 hours, and the manual outlines specific maintenance tasks to be performed at those intervals. wink.gif

Maintenance is one of those necessary evils.

We hate to stop production, but the price of putting off routine maintenance can sometimes be high. eek.gif

I always remember that old tv motor oil ad.

The mechanic says:

"You can pay me now, or you can pay me later." wink.gif