Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 Axis Problem

I have used a flat e-mill for the axial cut before. You have to use straght paths no hills and valleys say like cutting a larger cyclinder into a smaller one from end to end.

Just tried it looks really good. This is much easier than axis substitution.

I have had a chance to look at your file now. You have straight lines into radi, I don't think this is possible axis sub. You can axial cut the round and the staight geo with a flat e-mill , but you would have to use a ball where the radi connects the two together.

Thanks Dan

I'm just trying to put those last two Radiuses on with out it afecting the rest of the part and I cant ball it because I'm only aloud a .005 max in the corner so that is why I'm trying to get this to work with the flat bottom I reallize theirs no way axis Sub will work I've been trying to use 5 axis cure but struggling and someone from shopware has been giving me a hand and he's really close.

Scott,

Yes I got that and I modified it to work with a 5/8 instead of a 1/4 but the only problem I see is it's hitting the surfaces before and after the radiuses. I emailed Dave back to ask if you can adjust the toolpath away from those surfaces but have'nt heard back from him yet. Just so everyone else knows he got it to work with the 5-axis multi surface.

Thanks for all the help

Ted