Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4/5-axis mill x book tutorial troubles

rsm1722

I just bought this book 4/5-axis mill x and I am having trouble completing tutorial 4. I am stuck at: CREATE/SURFACE/TRIM SURFACE/TRIM SURFACES TO CURVES. Select the cylinder with 3.5" radius and chain the polygon...

I need a more complete description of how to complete this geometry from that point on as I am not as advanced as needed to complete it myself. I am using plain old X.

Yes it is a in house book, I did DL the file but want the experience of doing it myself. I tried many combinations I could not find the right combo. Right now I am just frustrated so I am going to see what the forum beings me.

I also ordered another in house book, Mastercam Solids X.

Guest Tyler Yanta

quote:

Check out

They have a video series that goes over the In-house tutorial books. You can get a free one day subscription to check out the videos and see if they might help you.

The videos they have cover the Handbook series. Of course Handbook Vol. 3 covers 4/5 axis... but I think they only do vids for Vol 1 and maybe 2.

As for your tutorial related question, I don't have an X book in front of me but I, or someone else here will have a look at it.