Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Color palette

nickz

Is there a way to have the color palette sequence in V8 the same as it was in V7? The reason I ask is that when I bring in a V7 file, (eventually saving it as a V8 file) the colors I used in V7 are different. Some of the geometry becomes very dark and difficult to see. I would have to go through all the levels used and search/analyze for geometry. Any suggestions?

For the Canadian language police: 'color'='colour'.

--

Although there is no 'make like V7' button, you can 'Customize' the color palette in V8 using RGB values. The colors are stored under a [user-defined colors] block in Mill8.cfg. Someone may have done this type of editing already and could offer share their mill8.cfg file. If you do it yourself, you would want to keep a copy of your edited mill8.cfg file.

A quick aside: The V7 color palette tended to offer shades of the same 16 colors, resulting in frequent complaints. At one point, a Mastercam customized color palette (Mccolors.cfg before V8) was up for sale on eBay. The strongest selling point: Includes orange! You'll notice V8 now offers some nice orange hues - 55 and 94 for example.