Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post Question?

I'm machining on the front side of the part and I'm not indexing so I don't want any indexes to post out but this is what I get

code:

%

O6666(GUNDRILL)

(DATE: JUN-18-2009)

G80

G91G28Z0.T1

G0G90G17G94G54Y0.

G40G49

N1G90M6( 1/4 CENTERDRILL)

G0G94G17G90G54X-2.375Y3.375S1000M3T2

G43H1Z.5M8

G98G81Z-.22A-90.R.25F1.<<<<

X-1.5

X1.

X3.5

X4.375

X3.Y2.625

Y0.

X-2.375Y-3.375

X-1.5

X1.

X3.Y-2.625

X3.5Y-3.375

X4.375

G80

M9S200

G91G28Z0.M5

M21(A0.)<<<<<

G40G49

M1

Link to (mpmaster 4 axis mv-jr qc.pst)

TIA

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The easiest method to avoid indexes is to set your WCS to whatever plane you want to work on and have your T/C planes = Top, that shoudl prevent an index.

HTH

You may need to check your parameters. If the post thinks you're posting for a horizontal then it wants Front to be A0 so by having your T/C planes set to top it's putting out a rotation to get there.

Easy check would be to set WCS to Top and T/C planes to Front and try that out.

If that fixes it then you need to find that parameter and switch it for vertical.

The post is set to vertical and in the toolpath parameters page planes(wcs) is set to "wcs=top" "tool plane=front" "comp/construction plane=front"

Now I just checked something before I sent this reply and it worked I'm so used to setting my wcs for indexing that I didn't realize for simple vise work using the wcs works but in the parameters page it needs to be set to wcs=front so it knows its not indexing.

Thanks for all the help guys I just need to not over think stuff cheers.gif