Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Multiple operations in 1 file?

kennebec

I have a part started with round stock, have gone thru 1st of 3 operations this used 2 vises G54 and G55 (Top and Bottom) Now I have saved the Verified file as an STL to use for the stock as I continue on.

Do I add a new Machine group so I am able to setup new stock or is there a way to continue on with part in new setup and stock definition that I am unaware of.

Thanks Everyone

Unless you have two vises with parts drawn up. I would use just one vise (G54) and one part and create a new plane (G55) for the bottom with the same stock and stl to verify, that way you can see if you missed anything. Maybe create the vise for the bottom on another level.

CNC I think you understand what I am trying to do, yes I now want to use the STL file generatied by the Vrification of my 1st 2 vise operation as stock,

Da@Vian I did use just One part as you said, now I have to move on to do more work and it will be mounted in a Rotary fixture