Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic Xform

I have been trying to get Dynamic Xform to work since I intalled X4 but can't seem to figure it out. For the sake of simplicity let's say I want to xform rotate a square wireframe box 90 degrees about the X-axis using Dynamic Xform. What are the steps I should take? Keep in mind I only want to rotate the geometry and leave WCS and TC/planes set to top. I should also mention that I have already watched the Dynamic Xform video that is included in the X4 video link on the forum but still can not get it to work.

Thanks

Justin,

as a general tutorial, select geo, dynamic xform, snap gnomon to where you want origin, and now the biggie...

when you snapped the origin the function kicked out of the mode to attach the gnome. You need to press the icon on the bar back to gnomon manipulation and not geometry manipulation. Once back into the correct mode continue attaching gnomon to the geometry the way you want it. Then you can hit the buttons to move to wcs origin and wcs plane.

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I am doing exactly what you say and I get a preview that shows my geometry being moved the way I want it to. The problem is when I hit the green check mark none of the settings stick and the goemetry stays exactly as it was before I started the process.

This is what I do:

1. Select my geometry

2. Select Dynamic Xform

3. Place my gnomon on corner of stock that I wish to be the origin

4. Press manipulte Axis button then rotate my gnomon about X by the desired degrees

5. Press manipulate geometry button

6. Select World Axis then Align with Axis

7. Select World origin then move to origin

At this point my preview looks great and previewed geometry is exactly where it should be.

Then I select the green check mark and my preview goes away and geometry is exactly where it was when I started the whole process. I have tired to both move and copy geometry but I always get the same result.

Chris,

My settings are set to 3D. The strange thing is I have X4 installed on two computers and Dynamic Xform will not work on either of them. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. If I get a chance on Monday I'm going to call my reseller and have them log onto my computer with remote assistance and see if they can get it to work.