Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

/Frusterated...

Toying with the grooving in X4 lathe and having some major issues that I never had in previous versions.

Basically I have an OD O-ring groove that I have added outside corner rads to. Previous to now, all I would do is select 'Groove/Chain' pick the first rad on the OD, pick the second rad on the OD (thus chaining the whole groove), 'OK' and select how to cut it from within.

Now I do the same thing and it missed the rad on the right hand side of my groove and for the life me I cannot get it to cut that rad!

Any thots?

Tks!

Just a thought...to get back to the basics, I forget sometimes, too.

Have you checked for duplicates, gaps, overlays, and analyzed the chain?

Usually when I have a chaining problem, there's a duplicate, branch point(that I don't see) or a gap (not trimmed).

I have more problems with customer's geometry....lousy dxf's.....and I inadvertently create duplicates once in a while, putting rads on sharp corners.

HTH

I did run thru those checks already and the chains all look ok. No overlaps, no breaks all sizes of mating lines/rads match up...

Might have to have a sleep on it and toss it and try again in the morning...been a long day and I dont want to get pi$$y over something so simple this late. lol

Tks for the thots =]