Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Switching between mill 3 and mill 1

bhyde

If anyone could help with this, I would appreciate it. I need the ability to switch between mill level 3 and mill level 1 mad.gif . Not so bad, right? Well, the issue is, it is a nethasp license schema. If there are no available mill 3 licenses available, I would like to switch to mill 1. Mcam does this automagically I guess, but...I need new machine defs, control defs and posts set up to use mill level 1. Is there an easy way to copy the files and associate them with mill level 1 with little effort, or am I dreaming?

Oh..I am running X3

Thanks!

Bill

Start Programs,

Mastercam X3 >> Mastercam launcher

Select the startup options you want, a Mill 3 and click create shortcut

Do it again and select Mill 1, then creat shortcut

I don't know why you'd need new machine defs, the same should be fine to post Mill 1 & Mill 3 code

John-

If there are no mill 3 licenses available, then the nethasp reverts to a mill 1 license. Going between them is not the issue, that works but I do have an issue using the same machine, control defs as it will check the license server again for a mill level 3. That is the reason I asked about creating copies of machine, control, and post. I think they are tied by the post, but I could very well be wrong.

If I am confusing anyone, sorry about that,.. I am beyond mad about this.. (nothing to do with mastercam per se- just management).