Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problem sending program from machine to pc

sergiovv

hi....nice to be here

we got a problem at the shop i work , and i got a little hope that i can find the answer here .

we use cimco to send and receive programs ,

the thing is that we used to have a 4 port switcher but the shop just got a little bigger and now they need more than 4 ports so they found this device (esp-16 mi) this device converts ethernet to 16 serial ports , and use ip address to comunicate

so everthing is installed all seems to be good ,

we can send the programs to the machines with no problems , but when we send a program from the machine to the pc ,machine shows that is sending but the cimco program just do nothing we can only see the receiving window with zeros

do we need to move the settings on machines?

we use fanuc.

thanks.!!

if you remove this new piece of hardware does it work?

This new hardware might not be converting the receive signal properly and removing and testing the cables and setting should show if this is the issue.

Getting it to work correctly sounds like it will be a combination of several things.

1. The parameters in the machine are set up correctly.

2. The new hardware is working correctly including the cables.

3. The software is set up correctly.

We use cimnet and they have great tech support to guide you through setting up new machines. I would start by contacting Cimco, Fanuc, and the people you purchased the hardware from.

thanks for the answers

well , we are not using the device because of the problem, and we are using the old 4 switch port device but we have to plug-unplug cables every time we want to use another machine ,

we have the esp-16 mi plugged though and sometimes we tried something different to get it fixed.

we already used different set ups in the cimco software , cables are working well , i think the next thing we ll do is move the parameters in the machine.