Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3MU1

Rick46

Im getting ready to just install X3 and update to MU1 on my machine.. I saved all my important files like the system config file, keymap,toolbar, cnc machines, posts, control and machine defs that I have all customized in X2MR2 SP1 thing is in the past I used to just copy all these files in to the new folders of the newest version of mastercam when I installed it.. this doesent work in X3MU1 and im wondering if theres a thread on helping accomplish this or info some where I can get this done cause for one I dont know it the system congif files are the same from x2 to x3 so dont know if thast gonna work by overwrite the new one with the X2 one..and the documentation in my box isnt very helpful so Im at the mercy of everyone to daove me here.. because I have already uninstalled X2 because I dont like having a new folder for every version thats released..and eventually im gonna have to get it updated to X4 when the company buys a seat of it for my pc but for now Im stuck with X3... so if anyone can help at please Im beggin...lol... thanks.,,.

If you've recently updated you should be entitled to X4 MU3. If it was an old update that you're just installing now you should be able to use the "Update Folder" function in the File menu in Mastercam to update the machine and control defs as well as default files and operation libraries. The only thing that you can't update is your posts. You'll have to use the "UpdatePost.dll" C-Hook for that.

There's a Transiiton Guide in the Documentation folder that has details on how to deal with the update. What's happening to make you say it doesn't work?

well Im having problems with my custom toolbar not loading and also was wondering about my old mcamx.config file.. it trys to load my toolbar from the directory it used to be installed in which was mcamx but says it cant load it and then loads the default toolbar.. but if I create a folder with the path leading to the custom toolbar it loads fine but then im wondering if I can just copy my x2 config file over the x3 config file with out it not working or even possibly missing more features that may be available in newer versions of mastercam...

I think for the toolbar file the problem is to do with a toolbar button referring to an add-in or a C-Hook that isn't installed in your new version. There's a "Purge Errors" button in the warning window that will eliminate the problem toolbar button from the toolbar file and stop the error in the future.

For the config file I believe you can just copy it over but then you have to go into "Settings, Configurarion" and adjust all the directories manually so they refer to the new install directories.

If you do a side by side install of Mastercam and then carry over your configurations Mastercam should do all this stuff for you. I like to have at least one older version on my computer in case I run into a problem with the new version, but that's very very rare. wink.gif

if I create a folder with the path leading to the custom toolbar it loads fine but if not then the toolbat error pops up and loads the default.. Is there a way to import it in to my McamX3 folder where it belongs instead of having to create a special directory to get it to load...thanks,.,.