Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Logos in Adobe Illustrator

Allan Brown

A link posted in the Mastercam Forum -

http://www.logotypes.ru/default_e.asp

Thanks to Carl Vallance.

quote:

They have logos for most major companies in Adobe Illustator format. Its easy to export them from Illustartor or Corel Draw to a dxf file. Then into mastercam. I do a lot of engravings in molds and have found many of the logos I need here.

The EPS converter (part of the Engrave add-on, also in Router?) will read this format in directly.

• 3 weeks later...

Your not going to be all too happy to hear this, but it is a bit involved getting vector art from Illustrator into Mastercam as machinable geometry. First of all Ver 9 has dxf export but I don't believe that previous releases have it. But in any case you will have to process it through a drawing converter, if you have access to any of the following: Interflux from Northwood Designs, Adobe Streamline, Corel Draw, Artcam by Delcam, or simply AutoCAD. There are others I'm sure, but these are packages that I'm familiar with. First you'll want to prepare the artwork in Illustrator by highlighting the stroke and making it a fraction of a point and deleting the fill. Then export in dxf format. Make sure that you convert it to many lines or arcs when you import it into one of the above drawing packages or if you use AutoCAD, you can export the splines as an Iges file and then bring it successfully into Mastercam. Some earlier versions of AutoCAD have eps importing abilitiy so you can type "psin" to bring it directly from Illustrator. Good luck!

I hope this helps.

Phil Orenstein

• 2 weeks later...