Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam Teaching Position

mmonica

I have been offered a part time teaching position at a local training institute and I'm very interested. It will be a 40 hr course 2 nights a week 2.5 hr sessions. My question is, besides the MasterCam training manuals, what other resources are available? I'm am an experienced MasterCam user, I don't want to re-design there course outline, I want to get the message across effectively.

Hi! What I did was to sit with a few different programmers at a few different companies in our service area. Then I did what you said you didn't want to. I wrote my own course. As for text, to date I haven't used any. Just gave the students a copy of the demo version and then I do my own "books" in the form of tutorials.

If you'd like, I can send you my mcam class syllabus, just let me know!

Hope this helps!

Mike R.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm guessing it is an Entry Level Mastercam Class? We use the In-House bookas as well as "supplemental" materials (blueprints from different instructor's jobs, etc...)

Curriculum is a good place to start. You're going to have people that have different skillsets and capabilities so you may have to taylor the lesson a bit. You may though have a group that is hesitant to ask questions, do whatever it takes to draw them out. Make sure you don't go too fast. I have that problem. If nobody asks any questions I just keep on trucking, though that will change with my next class. I won't move forward until I get some questions. biggrin.gif

Oh, one last time, be flexible yet be purposeful.

JM2C

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]