Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

QuickPart & MCAM7.2

btivy

btivy,

Welcome to the eMastercam Instructor Forum. smile.gif I have three versions of Mastecam on my Win2000 sytem, from V7.2c to V9, and they all work well simultaneously. As far as Quickpart goes, if you have a crash using it with Mcam in Win2000, but Mcam works fine by itself, it sounds like you may have to download an update for Quickpart from their website, for operating it in Win2000. I would also recommend updating your Mastercam to V9 if possible. You should at the very least update to V7.2©. That update patch file is available from here Mastercam website. Go to Support-Free Downloads-V7 Patches. Updating the software always seems to fix unexpected things that are happening when using the software. You may also consider what your system is capable of. Updating hardware is almost as important as updating the software. Update the software first. smile.gif HTH biggrin.gif

Thanks Peter :-) We are a new (5yr old) Secondary School (9 to 12). In the Drafting & Design lab we have just updated to new machines (Old were P1 - 266 Seanix with 64 mb RAM; new are P4 1.5ghz with 128 mb RAM)and new software. We upgraded our computer animation software (3DMax 1.2 to 4.2) and our AutoCADD (R14 to 2002). We went from NT 4.0 sp6 to WIN 2000 sp2. Needless to say with 15 computers and 13 seats of each software, we are at zero available dollars! I could not afford to upgrade MasterCam as well. It too is in the $500 Can per copy upgrade range. As you know...7.2b works fine anyways.....it is just Quickpart. Do you know of a place other than eMastercam to ask about updates for Quickpart (As far as I know, the Quickpart there is the same one as I have)? Or maybe the kind creators of QPartwould consider creating a WIN 2000 patch for those of us caught in the middle?

Thanks! biggrin.gif

btivy,

I suggest updating to 7.2© anyway, which is a free update patch. Any point release from Mastercam is always free of charge. There were a few changes between 7.2(B) and 7.2© which may make things easier. The only time when it would cost you is if you want to update from one major version to another, say from V7 to V8 or V9. If your Mastercam V7 works in Win2000, I don't understand why Quickpart would not. I will download it on my machine in the office and see if I get the same results you do. It may be worth your while to e-mail technical support at Mastercam and ask why Quickpart is not running correctly. smile.gif

btivy,

I downloaded the QuickPart zip files that were the latest I could find. When attempting to install Quickpart it asked for the Mill7 directory. I have Mill72 on my computer but apparently the version of Quickpart I am attempting to install is only for V7.1. It errors during the installation saying that Mill 7.1 is not found so the installation is aborted. It seems to me that QuickPart has not been updated for some time. Contact the Mastercam Educational division, here's their website Mcam Educational to find out what the status of QuickPart is and why it hasn't been updated recently. confused.gif It may be that the functionality of Quickpart has simply been done in another way, or as a different named C-hook, in later versions of Mastercam.

[ 03-01-2002, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, Services 4 Automation ]