Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-axis training book available soon

Charles Davis

Just a heads-up to you instructors who may be considering putting on a 40 hr+ course in 4-5axis machining. The Mastercam Handbook Vol 3, which covers 4-5axis milling concepts, applications, and post mods, has been sent out for final proofing and printing. We hope to have this available in about 4 weeks.

IMHO it came out pretty well and I think can help stimulate machine tool sales as it makes 4-5 axis achieveable by people that have very good skill with surface modeling and machining.

How many people out there think they have the critical mass necessary to put on a 4-5axis class?

Thanks.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I start the 4-5 AXis portion of my class in two weeks.

I'm always looking for new study material though...

[ 04-25-2003, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

quote:

How many people out there think they have the critical mass necessary to put on a 4-5axis class?

Odd that you should mention it. My school is just about there on getting our 4th axises (axi?) installed, and I've been feeling 'em out on trying to offer a class on it. Kinda rough times here in Californa for such things though.

I see major growth in the 4/5 axis market. It allows company's to take on work that is less competitive, and it allows them to make parts cheaper and more accurately due to the fewer setups.

IMHO The machines are cost effective. Mastercam has great 4-5axis functionality now. The major thing holding back the growth of this market the lack of knowledge of the NC programmers.

I'm having a hard time just getting my students thru 3 axes (among other things, they have 15 3-hr lab sessions to learn conventional machining & rapid prototyping, and I'm also adding a CMM to their plate).

On the other hand, I'd love to teach 4 axis (I don't have 5) to a few advanced or interested students.

So, I'll keep an eye out for the 4/5 axis book.

Hy

I am definitly going to put together a 5 axis

class here. I would appreciate any help from

materials (prints, books, etc.) to the types

of machines and tables that do 5 axis work.

I do 3, 4, and 5axis programming for area

companies that could really use the help.

Thanks