Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Force "single-step"in FADAL 88HS

Keith Graydon

If you are saying you want to program it so in the middle of the program it will go in to Single step so the oper has to look at what is going on.

Just like a M01 thought.

Could you not use this and I have not heard of being able to do what you want.But this could just be me.

Jay,

M1 stops the spindle along eith every thing else. I require the spindle ON as I will be using a little finger(slip) chuck to drill a .015 dia hole. I could manually turn spindle back on, But I would like:

X-Y axis rapid to position

spindle ON,

Z axis rapid to position

Single step (spindle on wait for operator input)

operator reach in drill hole.

operator input (return to automatic mode)

continue program in AUTO untill end

-thanks

-Keith

Geeez Dean, I Aint goin in no machine with no dam DWELL on. We've been thru this before!! smile.gif .

The job is done and what i did was this.

I stopped the program at the chosen spot with an M1.

I ran it once with spindle Maxed out at 7200 rpm.

Restarted spindle (shift+stopspindle)

Drilled hole with slip chuck.

hit cycle start to finish program.

THEN

Deleted spindle RPM call and M3. This saved a few seconds waiting for the spindle to spool-up on M3 and spool down at M1. The spindle call in the prog became redundant once I used the M1 as I had to re-start the spindle anyway! The speed setting is modal so I'd get the programmed speed once I hit Spindle start anyway! 64 holes .062 deep with one HSS .015 bit. not bad.

Dean, Dont go in a machine with dwell on please.

thanks Jay.

-KLG

I am in no way recommending going into a machine with a timed dwell on!!!!!! You asked what options were available for a Fadal with a 88HS control. All I said was that Fadal offers an ENDLESS dwell. If you look in your manual Fadal offers this as an option to a M0 or M1 command. When you code the P word at or above 66000, the control goes into a waiting state the same as if you did a M0. Nothing will happen until you press the start button. This just allows you a different set of options as far as the spindle and coolants remaining on.