Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Camaix Mazatrol product

Chris Parish

There has been some discussion of this on this forum before but no firm conclusion. Try a search of previous topics and have a read. I'm interested too but would haven't got around to trying it.

I don't think it would do any harm to specify your issues. You might get a better answer to a more specific query.

Hugh Venables.

[ 10-31-2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Hugh.Venables ]

Here's my 2%

The product is relatively OK. We have worked with it with one of our customers but found that without the editor it was hard to determine if the output was OK.

Yavuz has put a lot of energy on trying to answer most of our questions, but I must agree that I'm scared at the thought that I could have several customers using it frown.gif

Luc

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A few years back (2000 or so) I took it out on a "Road Test". What I found was that it was pretty good. The Mazatrol Editor looks pretty close to what you find on the control. I actually brought my box out into the prospective customers shop floor and directly loaded the programs into several different mills and lathes (3 mills and 2 lathes, controls were T2, M2, M+, and T+ I think) via RS-232. 2-D stuff was pretty good. Pocket and contour stuff did not look exactly like it would've looked if done on the control but was acceptable to the prospective customer. He did not end up buying it because of the cost. You had (not sure if things are the same) to buy the editor for each different Control (4 in his case) and the post for each one (control that is). But the key is that it worked, my only real issue is/was that some of the dialog stuff was in German. I do have some German in me but not enough to read it or speak it. It did have some limitations if you do surfacing and stuff like that and at the time, Live Tooling Toolpaths were not supported on the lathe module. Give it a look, have your reseller bring it out to your shop, do something with it to test it out. That's the best way to determine if it will meet your needs.

JM2C

One more thing, to continue James's answer.

I think that the product was very good for older mazak controls. On newer fusion controls, there's some features that are'nt in the mazatrol post. I've send a lot of requests to Camaix. Their support is quite good. Be sure that you've the latest version of the product. There's still a lot of improvement to do but compared to others competitor's product, I think it's better. A windows version is under development. biggrin.gif