Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

LeBlond Makino Wire Post

joby

No, I do not know of such a post processor.

Might I suggest that you read the Forum FAQ? You will among other things find these pointers:

1. A post processor request as your first forum posting can give less than desirable results.

2. The first place to look for a post processor is your Mastercam dealer.

3. Even though your e-mail address and the company name you list both looks legitimate (unlike some posters who use yahoo or hotmail addresses and give no company name), that is no guarantee that you are using a legitimate Mastercam license.

I hope my third point does not does not offend you, but there have been cases where posters have been using pirated licenses.

Soon there should be a system up which will allow dealers to check the legitimacy of a sim number, that should help fight piracy smile.gif

Unfortunatly my dealer has not been able to find a post. I have had V8 Mill for a few years and have purchased V9 wire but now I am left hanging by MasterCAM. No help from dealer, no help from forum. I'm only out $3,260! There MUST be help out there!!

I understand the pirate issue. My dealer does also. You would think someone from MasterCAM would be able to support an existing Mill3 customer trying to become a Wire customer.

mad.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well her's the other thing, you don't have any manuals for this machine correct? Do you even know what the code is supposed to look like? Do you know what the codes mean and where they are supposed to go? These are BASE questions. You did not mention anything specific about the machine. Is it new, what type of control does it have. I mean if your're expecting the kind folks at Mastercam to be knowledgeable about EVERY machine tool out there, that's asking a bit much IMNSHO.

So, tell us a bit about the machine and maybe somebody somewhere knows something.

What's the control on the machine?

Also remember that this forum is not run by CNC Software, developers of Mastercam, so no one can get mad at CNC Software for not jumping in to the rescue. If your dealer hasn't been able to help, the Post Dept at CNC Software is a great place to look for further assistance. Contact them directly by phone or email.

You can ask here like you have, but sometimes we'll need more info, and it can take a few days for members who may be of assistance to drop by and get caught up.

[ 12-06-2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

You could try this...

Post a (2-axis) program using the std. MPWFANUC.PST

Now edit the NC file and make the changes shown ->

All 'M60' to 'M06', 'M50' to 'M07, etc...

code:

Fanuc Makino (MGW-E control?)

M60 M06 = Thread Wire

M50 M07 = Cut Wire

"Snnn" "Ennn" = Power setting

M81 M17 = Power ON (maybe does Wire & Power also?)

M82 ??? = Wire ON

M83 ??? = Flushing ON

This might give you a starting point to work from.