Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe.set

Jeremiah

Hello Forum. I am a mill 9 level 3 user and am starting to implement MasterCam in our lathe dept. I have modified lathe.set to output "tool type" using the 20000 nci parameters. I am using 20100 for the lathe tool types and 20004 for mill tool types, for mill/turn applications. It works great untill there is a mill tool after a lathe tool, then it is using parameters from the previous lathe tool in combination with the mill tool. I have a conditional statement then post line call to the specfic tool type, but it still seems to combine the 20100 variables with the 20004. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeremiah

You should have 2 completely different postblocks. 1 for mill operations and 1 for lathe operations and they should be called from mtlchg and ltlchg respectively.

Parameters are the second trickiest thing in MP. Make sure you have enough variables defined for the longest version of the specific parameter (same # can have many different meanings). Also you have to keep track of the variables as you may name one for 1 type of tool, but the name doesn't work for a different type.

Confused? confused.gif