Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create a Smooth Line Using Multiple Points..Help

LastCat

Hi all,

Trying to draw this part, Airline Rudder Section. I have a set of Points that are used for reference points only. But the line is to be a smooth line that passes through all 7 points, and not a point to point multiple line, with sharp edges.

I have tried Multi Lines, but the surface still has angles created and not a smooth surface. What I need is a smooth surface, somewhat like an Arc. But I can't seem to get the Arc Function to work in this case. Or how to create this surface that passes through 7 points, and be a smooth transition, and not a line after line, each line intersecting, having a sharp edge. How do I make this line through 7 points and not have 6 flat lines connecting the Points?

I have uploaded a file called "Vector 1" at the FTP site created by Jayson. See link below.

Thanks in advance, have a great day. tongue.gif

LastCat

[email protected]

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...orum/MC9_files/

I would say you need to look at your print again.

The seven points given are likely only some reference, a starting point, not manufacturing dimensions.

You likely need to have many more points than seven.

And your job is to find out what they are, I presume, and then program.

Step motors increment in .0001 or .002, so you could conceivable program a point for every such increment and o it in a three axis point to point program.

But there is likely a definite curve to this that may not be mathematically definable.

Like in the automotive industry: some sculptor

or model builder puts on an elegant curve that a lot of peole like but which isn't mathematically definable.

I am sure, in the aircraft industry things are a lot more accurate. Seven points ? There is something wrong, if I understand this thing correctly.

Just my nickel's worth. I ran into print problems with every little 3-axis job I did. My company had to go back to the customer to get things straightened out. No point continuing this until you are sure of the print. You cannot just substitue your own spline or something, is my opinion.