Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tplane origin

tmalinski

In Mastercam Mill V9.0

When “getting operations from library” a dialog box pops up for me to select the operations, there is also a check box to “Assign current system tool and construction planes” I always check this to make sure my Tplane origin remains where I set it because most of the time my Tplane origin is not the WCS 0,0

Does anybody know how to make this check box to be always checked by default ?

Thanks again for your help

Tom……

In mastercam, not as of yet.

There are some 3rd party programs that when they see a dialog box pop up, it will press buttons or check boxes for you. Search google and you should find a few free ones.

My preference is one called RTVRECO and can be downloaded here:

http://www.clearlight.com/~rtvsoft/RtvReco.htm

It's not free but shareware. BUT you can set up five actions with the unregistered version. I've found this to be enough for me.

The two biggest annoyances I use it for are the t/c plane checkbox and when you add/replace drillpoints from one op to another the 'do you want to retain depths' box. I always answer no to this.

Bryan smile.gif

Thanks Byron, I'll try the link. I guess it was Mastercam's intent for most users to move the geometry to 0,0 prior to toolpathing, therefore the checkbox is unchecked by default. confused.gif Although it would be nice if they added this to Mastercam’s cfg. File.

Thanks for the help,

Tom…