Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Problems

Karl@CP PISTONS

Hi, We ran a 50 mb program last week using DNC. The problem was after about an hour we had to slow down the feed rate at the machine to avoid data starvation. The program is 1 pocket tramsformed 5 times. The first pocket ran great i.e no slow-down. By the time the 4th pocket was cutting we were overriding down to 15% of the programmed feed (60 ipm). What should have taken 4 hours took over 12 hours.

Anybody ran into this before?

I ran into this same problem from 2 different computers and 2 different softwares (shiler and Mastercam communications).

Karl

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One thing you may want to check next time is the system resources (memory and CPU usage - NOT on the one running Mastercam because that is a False 100%)at the beginning (when you start) and when you have to turn down the feed override. Look for less available resources.

Also, on your COM port do you have the FIFO settings up all the way? Control Panel, System, COM Ports is where the setting resides I believe.

[ 03-31-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Karl,

One thing I suggest is to use Cimco Edit instead of the Mastercam communications. Cimco Edit OEM is installed with Mcam but can run independently ("stand alone") of Mcam. It will need to run off the same computer as Mcam is loaded on but it has much better settings for communicating files. You should get the latest version of the software (4.31.08) from the link at the bottom of this page. HTH cheers.gif

[ 03-31-2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Peter Scott ]

Hey Karl, Let us know if lowering the baud rate solves the problem. We usually run it at 38xxx, over a 20' cable. Hopefully that will save you from getting gouged by Haas.

It totally appals me the price that Haas wants for replacement parts. Most of the crap in the controls is from the mid 80's anyway! It is a joke that they sell a few Mb of ram for thousands of dollars, while my 99$ cell phone has twice that! Hmmm, maybe I should try converting my cell phone into a Haas controller!!!...hahahaha

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif