Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Unanswered CHOOK SDK questions

Bryan,

That sounds like it. it seems to make no difference how I post. the editor always appears.

Bug1 eh? Perty interesting. Thank you.

ah btw, when i come back inside from this cig, if Bug1 doesn't cut it, then my new 5 minute invisible text editor will do the trick.

I'll just config mc to use invisoedit pro. Kludge at best... but solves this sillyness.

Thanks men

[EDIT] Thanks Bryan! That was indeed the reason. I would have ~never~ thought to look there.

[ 12-14-2004, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: Robert Brower ]

Hi,I'm coding a small chook dll.

and I have a question about operation group list.

Is there any sample code using list_grp_append_ents??

I'm trying to append a oparation to another group,I know how to add new empty group in operation manager.

any idea?????? smile.gif

op_list *opl;

list_manager (OP_ID, "", LSTMGR_GET, (void **)&opl);

while (opl != NULL) {

list_grp_append_ents ("Toolpath Group 2", // I: new group name

1, // I: number of ents in eptr list, 0=use .sel ents

&opl->eptr, // I: list of entity eptrs

succf); opl=opl->next_ptr;

}

[code]

Bullines,

I am using the code snippet you pasted here but I am finding that for all 3 operations that I loop over, the NCI files are identical. This results in identical NC files also.

I imported operation 1. Then I chained it, and copied it to operation 2. I changed the tool of operation 2. I copied operation 1 to operation 3 and I changed the tool on that one too.

Do you know why I might be getting identical NCI files for 3 different operations in that loop?

Thanks a lot.

Robert

I don't understand. If all of the operations use the same NCI and NC filename, and I postOps() on each of them one at a time, and after I postOps() I copy the NCI file to another location and rename it, then I wind up with 4 identical NCI files. Why is postOps() creating the same exact NCI file for 4 different operations? Sure, the original filesnames are the same, but i am copying them off and renaming them.

The sequence works like this:

count = 1

while not done

get operation

postOps()

copy myfile.NCI to myfile.count.nci

increment operation

count ++

end while

In the end, the contents are the same. and this is the problem.

To post each operation one at a time with postOps() using a WHILE loop to walk through the linked list, you never need to call run_post_exe_dll(). Never. Never ever. Not a once wink.gif

The post_dlg_settings structure, if initialized properly, should prevent the post dialogs from appearing (assuming the debug switch isn't on in the post, like bryan mentioned).

To post each operation one at a time with postOps() using a WHILE

exactly what i am doing. I am in fact using the same code you pasted in above to do that and what I am saying is that for all 4 different operations, the resulting 4 NCI files are identical.

maybe mastercam just doesnt see the differences in the operations that I have made.

i am for example for operation one cutting a slot with a slot cutter along a chained series of splines and arcs.

I am doing this by turning the vertical tool onto its side via CPlane, and in the copies of the original toolpath i am adding an offset by adding half the width of my tool to the DEPTH parameter.

backplot looks sweet, but the NCI files are no different from on another.

Robert

"mastercam hates me"