Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Version 9.1 VBS OpenMC question..

Lately I've been getting longer and longer delays when bringing up the file/get dialog. Some times up to 20-30 seconds or more.

I'm making a script to read the recent files from the reg and prompting to open one of them.

Seems to work ok except that it's not using the name in the title bar, and when I go to File/Save, it doesn't have the name.

How can I open a file via the script and have it actually display the name like it does when using File/Get, as well as having it use the file name when saving?

code:

askNumber "Enter file number", 1, 10, m ' prompt

NewMC(0) 'initialize a new file

OpenMC(Files(m-1)) 'open file

Also notice the NewMC(0) line. If I don't use it, it seems to merge the current file with the one I'm opening, but still doesn't have the name.

I tried a few things:

code:

askNumber "Enter file number", 1, 10, m ' prompt

Call NewMC(False) 'initialize a new file

OpenMC(Files(m-1)) 'open file

Call SetCurrentFileName(Files(m-1)) ' <- this appears to do nothing at all

It appears that the function that updates the Mastercam window's title bar with the currently loaded file isn't avaialable to VBS. Must be something for the IDOK of the File | Get dialog that sets the filename in the title bar. And since from OpenMC() in VBS, there is no File | Get dialog and thus no IDOK message is sent, maybe that explains why. This is also the case in X, if you're wondering.

Sounds like a request to QC should be put in.