Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chook question

Hi Guys,

I didn't post to this forum since ~ 2 years frown.gif I was really missing this forum. I'm consulting other CAM/CAM forums . This is the BEST smile.gif

I'm developping a chook and wondering if someone can help with this issue. It could be a simple staff !

Using MC 9.1.MR0105 Mill/Router :

looping the DB and seraching for arcs:

db_ptr_type ptr, e_ptr;

ent entity;

get_ent (&ptr, &e_ptr, &entity,ON_SCR_BIT ,A_ID,&succf);

if (!succf) break;

When using the trace to mprintf the center's coordinates; i.e. "entity.u.ar.c[]" It doesn't give the same results as using the menu command : Analyze>Only>Arcs.

I'm not changing the WCS.

What would be the reason? confused.gif

Thanks for help

Chris,

The values are exactly the same, just the Y and Z coordinates are reversed. i.e.

Analyze command : X = 1, Y = 2 Z = 3

API function : X = 1, Y = 3 Z = 2

Pete,

basically , what i'm doing i simply importing a parasolid model with holes. Of course it will be loaded in MC as one body and you can’t access features (holes) frown.gif . This is why I’m using the “wire representation” of the solid and use get_ent to sort arcs (circles).

The issue I can’t know in advance in which view these arcs are and so fart can’t use the world_to_view().

I would like simply to emulate the menu command : Analyze>Only>Arcs banghead.gif

Thanks for help

[ 09-01-2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: ksoufi ]

-------------

"The issue I can’t know in advance in which view these arcs are"

-------------

I don't understand. If you've got arc entities, they have the view number stored in them. That's the view number you'll pass to world_to_view(). That is exactly what Analyze does!

Note also, that if Y & Z are reversed, it sounds like the arcs have been stored in Front view

Pete,

Thanks for help, it works fine with "view_to_world" smile.gif

The outstanding issue I have is the fact that "entity.u.ar.view" could have a value other than 1 t0 6; i.e. standard views TOP, FRONT, LEFT ...etc. I tested with a solidworks cube with a single hole in the FRONT view. "entity.u.ar.view" returns 10. confused.gif