Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VBScript Router 9.1

When I make a drill operation using VBScript..

Call MakeDrill("DrillShelf",0,0,3,mctool_drill)

..and then in Mastercam go to the operations menu and try to edit the parameters of my new "DrillShelf" operation, I am locked out from being able to change the "Retract" or "Depth" values.

Does anyone know why? And more importantly, does anyone know how to fix this?

I've tried..

Call ClearParameters()

Call InitParameters()

Call SetRetractPlane(1,0,1)

..with no effect on my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply Bulliness

I tried this out to no avail. I still remain locked out from "Retract" in the parameters GUI and SetRetractPlane won't change the retract parameter either. The parameters window shows that retract is set to 1.0 but I know this can't be true, because when I verify it my drill bit isn't retracting between holes. And the NC code shows the same thing.

Setting plane height to incremental has no effect.

I can set the top of stock with SetTopOfStock and I can manipulate it in the parameters window as well.

On a semi-related subject, if I MakeOperationFromName instead MakeDrill, I cannot set the top of stock using SetTopOfStock, but it is still accessible in the parameters window. Also, if I use MakeOperationFromName, I am still locked out of retract and depth.

You might want to try modifying the drill cycle type.

I've had this issue with V9 and got around it by changing the cyc type, making the necessary cycle parameter changes and then re-select the original cycle type.

It's not graceful but it worked for me.

Messing with the drill cycle has no effect. However, I have found my problem and it is that when I was creating my points to be drilled, I used CreateArcPoint instead of CreateDrillPoint.

Now I just need to get the blockdrill operations to work, So rather than start a new thread, I'll ask now; When I try to apply a blockdrill operation to any points (created with CreateArcPoint), The operation is created, but under geometry zero points have been selected. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

quote:

When I try to apply a blockdrill operation to any points (created with CreateArcPoint), The operation is created, but under geometry zero points have been selected. Does anyone know why?

You're calling the AddArcPoint() or AddDrillPoint() subs to add your points prior to calling MakeBlockDrill(), right? AFAIK, that's the only way to add points to drill operations from Mastercam VBS.