Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VB Script for Mastercam ref material

Well I just installed V9.1 for Mill and so far so good. I updated my post with the utility, opened up a series of test files, posted them all, did file compares, No change!

I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to see what I can do with VB Script. There are a couple of utilities I would like to create having to do with filtering. We import complex Autocad drawings into Mastercam where hundreds of circles have been “hole charted” and are identified with letters A1,A2,B1,B2 etc… Many are the same color and diameter but have different machining requirements as specified in the hole-chart. I need to create a utility that will locate specific holes based on the letter identifier nearest the hole and add them to a selection set to apply saved operations to. We did this very nicely with our old NC software utilizing Auto-lisp.

I have a VB programmer on staff and he’s ready to jump right in, but I want to be prepared before I spin his wheels. Can anybody suggest any appropriate books or ref materials that will give our VB guy a heads up when writing Mastercam VB scripts?

Thanks for your help, Sorry this is so long-winded!

Tom…….