Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

where to learn about "c-hook" ?

Simply put, C-Hooks are software extensions to Mastercam. They can automate tasks and introduce features that are not included with the default Mastercam installation, and they come in the form of DLLs. Mastercam ships with several C-Hooks developed by CNC Software that are located in the Chooks subdirectory of your Mastercam directory. Third-party C-Hooks and custom C-Hooks are developed by other companies as well. If you are familiar with the C programming language, you can develop your own C-Hooks without an interface or you can use Mastercam's menu system. If you familiar with C++ and the MFC library, you can develop C-Hooks with advance user interfaces common to Windows applications. The C-Hook API and documentation can be found on the Mastercam CD. Hope this helps smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well put Bullines, you stole my thunder.

I will add a bit though. To build your own C-Hooks, you'll need a copy of Visual C++ 6.0 and a fairly strong Programming(C++, Basic, C, etc...) background.

quote:

Well put Bullines, you stole my thunder.

I will add a bit though. To build your own C-Hooks, you'll need a copy of Visual C++ 6.0 and a fairly strong Programming(C++, Basic, C, etc...) background.

Believe it or not, the Mastercam header files also have pre-processor directives for Borland's compiler as well as the one from Watcom (which I believe is Open Source now) eek.gif

But James is right, MSVC is prefered to develop C-Hooks.