Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

chook source code

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You mean I can beg too? I've been wanting to ask for the source for a C-Hook or two because I'm having some problems with one I'm putting a Windows Dialog Box on. Asphere is what I want to see.

Should I beg to PDG?

[ 06-12-2002, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

If something isn't in the SDK, then it's not there at all. I know it's a pain to search the DOCs and Hs rolleyes.gif ; I'd love a well made CHM or object heiarchy listing tongue.gif . PDG has been good to me when I needed answers to "what would I use from the SDK if I want to...?" type questions. I'm not sure how responsive he would be to C++ syntax, UI design or programming methodology questions since he is usually quite busy. I don't mind fielding those types of questions, though wink.gif

First off I wanted to add my "me too" to getting a look at some chook source code. Including more examples in the sdk would be great.

I'm sure there has been many times where I've reinvented the wheel writing chooks where the developers at Mastercam probably did it better a long time ago.

Bullines wrote:

quote:

If something isn't in the SDK, then it's not there at all.

That's not entirely true. I've noticed a few items either missing by accident or by design. You really have to read through the header files since not everything listed in the documentation.

For example:

Listed in m_draft.h but not in the documentation there are some really useful functions for reading Mtable Items (note text) from external mastercam files.

mTableReadStart

mTableReadItem

mTableReadEnd

And some items are just not there. Of the various file types, only a portion have their path prefix listed. You can look through all the docs, example files, and all the headers files and you won’t find how to get the STL file path. Nada, zip, nothing.

But it you add

EXTERN char *stl_prefix;

patterned after the other prefix's, it works fine.

Hopefully added documentations is in the works.

Bryan