Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to sort operations in X?

Anybody know how to reorder operations in X.

Back in 9 I'd just call list_op_reorder but this function has disappeared.

I found reorder_operations in the docs but when I feed it a list of op idns in the order I want nothing happens.

Bryan smile.gif

I think reorder_operations might be working, sort of. Last night, I ran the function, and then manually saved and reopened the file. The ops were in the new order. Mastercam doesn't seem to be updating the operation manager. Anyone know the function to force update/refresh/regen the ops manager display? Or am I supposed to set some variable so that it refreshes when the function is called?

Thanks for any help.

Bryan smile.gif

MasterShake,

Does OMrefreshOpManTree work for you? One of the MC guys had me try it last week and it only works every other time my chook is called. OMrefreshOpManTree (supposedly) only works when it sees a change in the operation list and for some reason reorder_operations doesn't mark the list as changed until my chook exits. So OMrefreshOpManTree fails. When the chook is run the 2nd time, the list is marked as changed (from the previous run), and it works.

They seems to be doing much better with the MCX SDK headers and documentation than they did with 9. So here's hoping stuff like this is added to the next release.