Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vericut tool profiles

Brian G Scullion

At our company we have the vericut to mastercam interface. It automatically brings in either the NCI file or the g&m code tne stock and the tool definition.

Question how do I build up the tool and specify the back end geometry .So that I can verify that the holder will not crash ?

The components I am machining are five axis parts

We've been using the Vericut Interface for a couple of months now. It is a time saver but it has its drawbacks. It doesn't define radius cutters or special tools properly and if you are going to use some sort of cutter extension be sure to double check definitions before running. I have created a library where I store commonly used special tools which are ready for import. You can either bring them in as an impoted .DXF or define the tool and/or holder and save it to a file by the old copy and paste method. Experiment a bit to see what works best for you. Vericuts Help gives How To's on these topics.

Hope this gave some direction.