Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Enabling debug in posts

I was told by a co-worker that you can set some switches in a post to have it more or less map the path it takes when processing and show that in the final output. He said he did this in V9 and I am trying to make X do it. I have changed zero's to one's and one's to zero's in the section with bug1$ and fastmode$ but seem to get no different output. confused.gif

What switches do I have to throw to have the post processor do this? Is it even possible? I am trying to figure out exactly how the logic flows through the post so I can make the setup sheet post create a file formatted like the ones our company has used for years.

Years ago I was pretty decent in gw-basic, quickbasic, and Visual basic for DOS. (Yes, I'm a hair beyond the middle age hump) I never made the leap to windows programming and even though I have Visual studio at home, have done little more than install it.

I believe that once I understand the program flow, i.e. where the post is entered, what is run first (psof?) ect... I will be able to make it do what I want.

I have gotten the v9.1 Post processor reference guide from our re-seller but I hate pdf manuals. Hard copies are so much better to bounce around in whilst learning.

Sorry to ramble, frown.gif

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rick

Thanks, I'll try that out.

I'll admit the PDF's are linked nicely. I guess I'm just old school and find it easier to have my resources in print on my desk so I can easily read them while I have what I am programming/editing on the computer screen. It's just a preference of mine. Having hard copies keeps the mouse movements from application to application, back and forth, while I "experiment" to see if I can get the results I want, down to a minimum.

Thanks again for the help, I am so appreciative of the great support the people of this forum give. (and quick too!)

Rick