Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error while debugging

Hi,

I am trying to debug my CHook being written in visual studio 2005 for mastercamX2(11.0.3.25) but I get the following error:

"The procedure entry point ?SetDebugString@@YAXQAD_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library Mastercam.exe."

I have installed my sdk in the same folder where mastercam is installed. What I did is I backed up mastercam.exe and copied the debug versions of files(BackPlotD.dll, BackPlotResD.dll,mastercam.exe - debug version)into the mastercam installation folder. After that when I tried debugging the above error popped up.

Can anybody point to me what is going wrong?

Thanks

"I have installed my sdk in the same folder where mastercam is installed."

I would suggest not doing that.

Let the SDK install into its "usual" folder (which is below MCAMX2). That way everything you need for Debugging will be in the MCAMX2SDKDEBUG folder.

Then in your Project Debugging properties set ->

Command: c:mcamx2sdkdebugmastercam.exe

Working Directory: c:mcamx2

Thanks for replying

I meant the usual folder for the sdk. sorry for the wrong information. Anyway, I did as you said but now first I get the following message from Visual Studio

"Debugging information for 'Mastercam.exe' cannot be found or does not match. No symbols loaded. Do you want to continue debugging?"

(And I am sure I am using the mastercam.exe from the debug folder)

If I ignore this message and try continuing then I get the following warning

"Warning D:mastercamx2sdkdebugCommonFontsfont0.fnt not found"

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks once again

"D:mastercamx2sdkdebugCommonFontsfont0.fnt not

found"

There are no fonts files in the SDK folders, so I assume that you do not have the Working directory set correctly in the DEBUG settings of your VS project.

Recheck the Project Debugging properties settings ->

Command: D:mastercamx2sdkdebugmastercam.exe

Working Directory: D:mastercamx2

"..."Warning D:mastercamx2sdkdebugCommonFontsfont0.fnt not found"..."

This will only come up if

1) your "working directory" in your MSVC Project is set to "D:mastercamx2sdkdebug"

or...

2) the "working directory" in your MSVC Project is not set at all

Please double-check (or triple-check) that the Projects' "working Directory" is the same folder where Mastercam was originally installed.

Watch the Output window of the debugger to make sure that the .EXEs and .DLLs being loaded are what you expect them to be.