Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

file save some via chook

Does anybody know how to do a file-save-some via a chook?

I don't want to mess around with writing an ent or raw ent since surfs or solids may have other associated ents. Which maybe blanked or on different levels, or both.

What I looking for is

1) I set the select (.sel) for a series of ents.

2) then call a function with a filename that saves the selected ents (and any assoc or needed ents) to that file name.

Bryan smile.gif

Bryan,

Once you've set the .SEL bits on the entities you want to save, call...

DllImpExp void set_save_with_mask(MC_BOOL set_flag);

...passing it 'TRUE'. Then call save_db() or CFile_DoFileSave() and then call set_save_with_mask() again, passing it FALSE.

If you forget to set it back to FALSE, all your Saves will be messed up.

Note that until X2 MR2 is released, this will only work for saving to MCX files.

Thanks MasterShake. Unfortunately, saving to a temp database isn't really an option. I'm dealing with files in the 500MB or greater range, with hundreds maybe thousands of levels. Just loading it once is a major pain.

Pete,

Thank for the info I'll try it here soon. Actually, saving to just MCX is fine. The user can just run the appropriate converter on the directory themselves.

My next step was going to try write_ent_to_disk. But since most entities rely on other info or entities in mastercam, I didn't know if it did all appropriate background work. ie An arc needs additional view info. A trimmed surf relies on a base surf. A solid is just referance number to a parasolid which the sdk doesn't have access too.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Bryan smile.gif