Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x2 mr1 merge_db and views bug?

I'm getting some odd results with the merge_db() function in x2-mr1.

When I call the function my gview, tview, and cview are resetting themselves.

The gview is resetting to Top view.

tview and cplane, set via name_view_manager(), are jumping back to a view not set by name_view_manager. ie the view when the file was opened or set thru View Manager.

gview resets no matter how it was set, a chook or thru mastercam.

Bryan smile.gif

I wish I could use DoFileOpen. I use it some other chooks. But one of the chooks I'm using it for is a custom Insert Pattern chook. I need the finer control merge_db has with levels, colors, etc.

Unfortunately, this jumpiness totally craps out the chook. frown.gif

Bryan smile.gif

I did the read_ent thing back in version 8 and 9. It worked great for a couple years.

Simple entities aren't a problem, like points, lines, and arcs (and notes but they take a little work). But trying to do splines, surfs, trimmed surfs, and solids is a MAJOR pain. And some areas like solids are probably impossible given the limited nature of the sdk.

Thanks for the help though. cheers.gif

Bryan smile.gif

Pete,

Are you talking about the useEntityAtts in merge_db or is there something else "Construction Attributes" refers too?

If its useEntityAtts, I've tried it with all 5 setting to TRUE; Use the merged entities original settings. As well as a mixture of TRUE and FALSES.

Bryan smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Bryan,

I took a look at this over the last couple days (thanks for submitting it to QC) and I found that some mystery in the OpMgr is causing the view switch. I don't quite know why yet, but if you open the 1st part and then switch to a Design Machine Def and use the Firecracker to blow away the empty machine Group, then File/Merge will work properly.

We had a similar bug logged a couple weeks ago, but I don't know when this problem will be addressed.