Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

chook or vb crash

I have built a button Mastercam using Scriptlinker. Then I built the vb script to call the chook using:

RunMastercamChook(chook_5b)

I built chook_5b using the SDK for X2 MR1. The chook and vbscript running it worked fine with the X2 non MR1 version. But doesn't now. Mastercam crashes at the point that it is going to run chook_5b. I sent the Crash Report Contents leaving my email. The Errorlog.txt file says that MSVCR80.dll caused an Unknown exception type... Then it later says debug strings

>>App=vb_5_runVBS Entry=Run

The MSVCR80.dll file is in the Microsoft Visual Studio 8 folder (I'm running VS2005 like I should be).

Does anyone know about this error, or know how to fix it???

Arenner,

I'm curious as to why you would want to use a VB script to run a chook headscratch.gif .

A Chook already has the ability to have bitmap icons embedded in the dll. A VB Script does not. Scriplinker is a way to create a .NET wrapper around the script to link an icon and tip string to script. It doesn't make any sense to create a .NET dll, that calls a VB, that calls a Chook dll.

You should be able to get some help from someone who knows Chooks to tell you how to add your icons and tip string to the Chook dll directly. I think this would be a better way to go, unfortunatly I'm a noob at writing Chooks.

HTH,

Thanks Colin. I realize that you can include a .rc into the chook build. However, I call external programs in the middle of chooks in one VBScript. Using a VBScript is way easier to manage my mixture of chooks and other programs. Then my interface performs multiple chooks, etc... from one unified button. The nethook should not be creating these problems, and has never been a problem before.

I've created quite a few fairly advanced chooks now, and am confident that they are programmed correctly. Furthermore, no changes were made to the chooks, the only thing that was different was the use of MR1. I just wonder about some bugs with moving to the SDK for MR1, and using VS2005's libraries.