Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VBScript-Automatic Drill Points on Screen

I try to write a VBScript file to automatically select and drill some points on screen. Let say there are 4 points (grey color) drawn on Mastercam screen and I like to use dia .250 drill to drill them. I attatched program below.

The program seems working. But there is a major flaw: After running it, it duplicate the existing points on screen at all the points' location. and the Drilling Operations in the Operations Manager is associated with the new points created. I want the dirlling association to go with the original points on the screen and do not want any extra points.

I kind of understand the reason. It must unintensionally created the new points when the program try to get the points' x,y,z coorditions in order to add necessary data to function, "AddDrillPoint". But that is only way I can think of select the points. Is any other way to select the points without creating new one? Maybe I can use function "SetEntityFromEptr()", but I don't know what Eptr mean. Thanks for helping me out.

[

Call Main()

Sub Main()

Call DRILL250()

End Sub 'END OF MAIN SUB

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Sub DRILL250()

Dim intOperationID

Dim new_pt

Dim color_pt

Dim pointer, pre_pointer 'these variables for stopping the points searching at the end of loop

Call ZeroPts

If StartDBSearch(mc_alive,mc_pointtype) Then 'Start searching point with grey color

End If

Set new_pt = New McPt

If GetPointData(-1, new_pt) Then ' Get the coordinates of a current active point entity

End If

pointer=GetEntityEptr()

color_pt = GetEntityColor()

If color_pt = 7 Then

Call AddDrillPoint(new_pt.x, new_pt.y, new_pt.z)

End If

Do ' do while loop for searching all grey points and add them to drill list

pre_pointer = pointer

If NextDBSearch() Then

End If

pointer=GetEntityEptr()

If GetPointData(-1, new_pt) Then

End If

color_pt = GetEntityColor() 'Get the color of the current active entity

If color_pt = 7 Then

Call AddDrillPoint(new_pt.x, new_pt.y, new_pt.z)

End If

Loop While ( pointer <> pre_pointer)

SetDrillSortMethod(mcsort_xzmym)

intOperationID = MakeDrill ("My Drill Toolpath", .250, 118, 1, mcTOOL_drill) 'Apply drilling and return an operation Id

End Sub

]

Thanks

Kevin Qian