Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine definition not valid from default machine

Sbarner

Greetings,

I installed X5 on all my co-workers computers. I did an update of all our machine/control defs and posts once, put them on our server, and when I installed X5, I just copied those files into the appropriate (and correct) places. I, nor some of the co-workers I've spoke to, have had a problem so far. One guy is having a problem with errors when he picks the default machine.

When he goes up to the menus and picks "Machine Type", then either Mill or Lathe default, he gets an error "Machine definition not valid", then when he clicks through them, he gets several of the same error about the control def not being correct for the machine, or something like that. So Mastercam automatically loads some generic file. Then, he can go in to the machine group properties, do a replace with the correct machine def, and everything is fine. Also, I have his machine type menus managed so that he can either hit default or the #1 machine def there. If he hits default, he gets an error. If he picks #1, everything is fine. So here's what I know.

• I am not having the problem on my system with the same machine/control def and post.
  • The files were updated correctly.
  • The files are in the correct location.
  • The configuration for default machines is pointed to the right place.

Any thoughts?

Is the problem one set as read only and perhaps didn't update properly?

you could try taking a generic machine def, copy and rename it the same as the bad one and replace it.

Then adjust axis combo's if needed.

I did take a gander at his config file, though. It's weird. The files that the default machine dialogs were pointed towards had all been updated. They all had the .mmd-5 or appropriate extension. In the config file, they were only listed with the .mmd or .lmd file name. I added a "-5" to them, reloaded that config and it worked as well.