Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SetActiveMachine - just what SORT of string?

Would this be the filename? with or without the extension? does it HAVE to reside in the default folder MasterCAM searches in? Can you add a drive/dir name ? Im having limited success, it seems to sometimes take a full path name, and other times it pops up a dialog asking me where the machine is stored ...

• 1 year later...

You should supply it all =>

"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\shared mcamx5\\CNC_MACHINES\\GENERIC FADAL FORMAT_1 4X MILL.MMD-5"

Hi Roger,

Thank you very much for your support. Once more I'm asking for your help. I'm with a strange problem relating the above issue.

Somehow when I set the Active Machine, it works on my computer but not on my collegue's...I've alredy checked and the file existes on both of our computers:

"C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\SHARED MCAMX6\CNC_MACHINES\CRONSRUD-FANUC-4X-ROUTER.RMD-6"

I've already checked machine definitions window and it is equally configured...

I cannot understand how it only works on mine...

What behavior do you see on system where it works vs. the other?

Something's got to be different. Question is - What?

Do they both have a Router license available?

Yes they have the exact configuration...I've changed the code and performed a cycle throught all machine groups in the end to set again the activemachine (althougth it takes longer to load) and now they perform the same.

At first I was setting the active machine like this, is it the right way?:

OperationsManager.ActiveMachine = MCNetHookCT.Main.pathActiveMachine

FileManager.[New](False)

Mastercam.Support.MachineDefManager.CreateRouterMachineGroup()

• 4 weeks later...