Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Getting started with VB.NET

Im green to .NET, but not to VB , and Im trying to stumble my way thru running the NetHook2ExampleVB source given for the X4 NetHook 2.0 examples - (or supposedly X4, the ReadMe.txt still references X3) ....

Im running Windows 7 - 64 bit, MX5 - 32 bit, Visual Studio 2008 (not Express)

I successfully added the MasterCam path ("C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx5\"), added NETHook2_0.dll as a Reference Assembly, added the Mastercam app as the program to debug with ("C:\Program Files (x86)\mcamx5\Mastercam.exe") ... "Debug", "Start Debugging" ... and get build errors. The NetHook 2.0 API reference seems to the think the LineGeometry and ArcGeometry classes are fine where they are, but the object browser says they belong in the 'Curves' NameSpace. Also a plethora of what look like typecasting errors dealing with the McView class.

Where do I start ? :/

From the sounds of things, it seems like you did essentially everything correct as far as the setup in Visual Studio is concerned. However, you would find that some of the namespaces and classes in X5 have been reorganized. The Mastercam.BasicGeometry namespace has been moved to Mastercam.Curves. This is why you can run into trouble when you try to compile the X4 example. (There were also some other changes)

There is some new documentation for X5 but I don't believe that there are any examples (I could be wrong)...you should be able to get the X5 NetHook API from your reseller.

From the sounds of things, it seems like you did essentially everything correct as far as the setup in Visual Studio is concerned. However, you would find that some of the namespaces and classes in X5 have been reorganized. The Mastercam.BasicGeometry namespace has been moved to Mastercam.Curves. This is why you can run into trouble when you try to compile the X4 example. (There were also some other changes)

There is some new documentation for X5 but I don't believe that there are any examples (I could be wrong)...you should be able to get the X5 NetHook API from your reseller.

Well, it's nice to know I was at least stumbling in the right direction :/

My reseller is hooking me up, now all I gotta do is ~learn~ this stuff.

Thanx.