Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Saved Ops sort order changes

tmalinski

I had this problem in ver9.0Sp1 and now in 9.1 for mill. After saving a new group of drilling operations to my Op library I have found that some (not all) of the previously saved groups have had their operations order changed. I have carefully examined and adjusted the operations order in all my groups. Then at some point a few days later after creating and saving some new ones I noticed the order had changed in one that was previously correct. So I re-examined all of them again and found several that were changed. Normally we can just sort prior to posting but not always. We prefer to “get ops from library” and run! I was hoping other users have seen this and have a solution they can share.

Tom...

tmalinski,

Are you changing the name of the Toolpath Group when saving the operations? I have noticed that if the operation group is not changed it will add the operations to whatever group exists in the library. In order to avoid this, name each new operation set with a different group name. This way you will have the same operations you originally wanted. For example to save 1/4-20 tapped hole operations, name the toolpath group "1/4-20 tapped holes" in the Library Group name field. Every time you import the operations from the library, they should be organized by group name and you can just select which one you want.

You could also save separate operation library names to keep things more organized. Using the same "Operat.OP9" file for all of your operations will tend to get confusing with many groups. Change the library name by choosing the "Select" button with the dialog open. HTH cheers.gif