Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam to Haas lathe code issue

Frank_Kluth

I am new to the machining world i started in kind of a crash corse class in California in Febuary we have worked alot on mastercam and touched base on solidworks and alot of manual machining and i can write longhand code for a CNC mill (NIMS certified) but when i convert the mastercam with toolpaths to an .nc code on the lathe im using a freinds version of mastercam X5 on his laptop and every1 in my class is baffled and most have given up.

Am i missing anything on the conversion to .nc code or what am i doing wrong

anything will help thank you

You'll have to give a little more info about the problem. Are you getting an error from the lathe, or at your PC, or where? You are actually posting your program, correct? Can you change the format of your NC file to a txt file and load it in the Haas? What post processor are you using? Can you attach a file for someone to look at?

Frank what school in Cali as I teach in a local colage in SCV in Cali.

But like Steve is saying what is the issue and what Machine def did you pick?

ok i got it when u post to the .nc code it posts with a v0. code wich needs to be deleted messed around with it a bit was workin on my 1st lathe part

and Jay im in San Bernardino its a pretty new school Technical Employment Training they opened last year and we are the 3rd piolt class

i have learned alot in the last 6 months its some awsome stuff

I am new to the machining world i started in kind of a crash corse class in California in Febuary we have worked alot on mastercam and touched base on solidworks and alot of manual machining and i can write longhand code for a CNC mill (NIMS certified) but when i convert the mastercam with toolpaths to an .nc code on the lathe im using a freinds version of mastercam X5 on his laptop and every1 in my class is baffled and most have given up.

Am i missing anything on the conversion to .nc code or what am i doing wrong

anything will help thank you

Are you talking about it throwing an error? If your on a TL check at the end of your code after Z0. It might be sending Z to an unknown causing the error. Make sense? It happens in my shop in NC