Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpfanuc generic

I'm new to wire all together. I'm wondering what you guys have for a starter. Machine BA24 (2011). The owner is a die guy. I have been trying to get a feel for the consistancy in programs that this very code sensitive machine requires. (In complete arcs, R's). Draft. Punch and die drops.

My question is. Sometimes the (subprog) program is back and forth, change to finish settings on the reverse program back to start. Are you guys running post ready programs as easy as the (esprite) boys are claiming. I'm cutting parts with windows cut the code and paste the setting to the path sub? :unsure: !

The library's are there (x4)..... its the sub-routine format that almost seems to be the requirement (from the machine). That I would like to get post perfect. For some post adjustments, I could get working. Im not that good with "post adjusting". The local guys are reasonably priced for what I was asking.

Thanks Roger, I'm wondering what the veteran wire guys prefer for their codes. The training I got from Mitsubishi, was barely enough to cut a part. We don't have much time for test cuts, maybe a quick test angle and the material is always un-scrapable. Heatreated, ground, machined, tool steel.

I would like to not run sub style to settings. :blink:

When he first got the machine, one of the first projects was this cool (.050 ss). He was still r&ding the profile before we cut the dies. Try to picture two .500 pieces of steel, sandwiching 30 parts, bolted and pinned together. Program runs good the drop is the 2 slugs and the profile of the 30 parts. Oh and the part has a bevele (sp) in it.

The die guy makes some adjustments to the part profile stacks up 30 more puts it in his fixture gives it back and I'm cutting. Same progrram, the wire makes it to the sheet metal, and starts bouncing off the part, won't cut anything. I call the tech guys at Mitsubishi, its the flushing, vibrating the wire. Total rookie, maybe!

That was like part number 2 or 3. I'm sizing a die, and cutting the profile. Things are running okay, lots of work keeping up with the drops! This one hole, roughes the drop, g40 center of hole. I raise the head, I start to move the machine out of position so I could get the drop and SNAP! The drop was the same size as the hole in the bottom flush cup. It fell between the cup and the part, when I moved it it broke the lower cup. Rookie mistake.

I call Mitsubishi, what the hell lets order a spare, because theyre cermic, $800.00 for two! :(