Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Load multiple files via command line

t3chn0x

is it possible to load multiple models into mastercam via command line? I have tried to do it and I already know that I can load single files but it somehow does not work with multiple models. this is what I have:

mastercam.exe some.stl some.step mynethook.dll

what I needed is an option to tell mastercam it should load the STL as lines. currently it loads the STL as a mesh and ignores the STEP file (it contains several tool paths, just curve) but it loads mynethook.dll and executes it. mynethook.dll should then automate few things that I probably ask later if I manage to load the data first. (the idea is to load everything from another piece of software so that the user does not have to click in mastercam anything more because it is a reapeating and lengthy process to calculate the data for milling)

where do I find a list of command line switches and options supported by mastercam?

(we are using mastercam X4)

Hello,

First of all I am not sure if this is possible so I have another idea to achieve the same result:

I recommend that you load all necessary files by the nethook. So, Mastercam would load the nethook automatically through the command line and the nethook would then open the necessary files.

By doing so you have much more control over the importing of the files (you can set the levels, etc).

To get the paths of the files to open into the nethook I would use just a simple text file (which would be written by the original software prior to calling Mastercam command line and then read by the nethook)

If you want that STL is loaded as lines you have to set it so in the configuration.

Regards