Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool models in solidworks

Joeyls319

Hello all,

I got 3D models from solidworks of a bunch of custom tools we use. I would like to bring them in and use them for my tools when I backplot and verify my toolpaths but I don't know how. Can someone help or do I have to use the dxf/ other layer method?

Thanks

Joey

The solid tools will do you no good other than to get a profile.

You'll need to define the profile of the tool in the X+,Y+ quadrant, you can do this either in separate files or on separate levels in a file.

Then as you create an operation, instead of picking a tool out of the library, you right click and create new tool, choosing either the file or level for the geometry. Set the diameter of the tools as you go, save them if you choose and complete the operation