Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation Router Building

I am attempting to create a new 3 axis router with a fixed bed, a X axis bridge, two Y axis units with a Z axis plus tool spindle on each Y axis all riding on the X axis bridge. All goes fine until I attempt to run a simulation. The image I see is of a very small machine and very large stock and all of the parts of the machine in the right place in reference to the stock but very far away from each other. Do I have scaling off or am I running metric in one place and english in the other or what.

Thank You

Hi Ken. No help here.

Machine simulation. I'll explore that in the nearer future. I am presently running X2. Hence, no machine simulation functionality. Good luck with your project and I'm sure a few will chime in with some thoughts that will help point you in the right direction.

I do presently program and operate two 3 axis CNC routers. The one router I run has all kinds of issues, though I've worked them out and have it running well now. It is a manual tool change router. Funny thing is an annoying alarm goes off if I have spindle speed and M3 code in the NC file. I delete them before saving the post. It will still run with the code intact, but the annoying flashing alarm persists (the controlling software is pc-based MACH 3). Another thing is the horrible accuracy! For production runs with an intended .425" width geometry, I had to trial and error it to .405" geometry width! It now cuts true,... .405" width geo yields .425" actual width. :blink:

The other router runs fine. Very accurate with the XY dimensioning. It has an automatic tool change (ATC) and a tool length sensor. Very nice. I input the spoilboard thickness, do an M101 code (T1 M6 built-in and the newly changed endmill touches off on the tool length sensor) Done. All tools sync to the depth required.....in theory! (Router has a FA.GOR 8035 controller). Problem being, certain times the finishing bit cuts a fraction too deep. Not always, most times it matches the roughing bit depth spot on. Strange. It is "close enough" when off.

Eh. My VMC is always accurate. My routers are fickle.

Anyway, enough rabbling. I'll be interested in reading some of the responses to your inquiry.