Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rotary Lock Not Working

dan73

Hello. I am using X5. I am trying to get the Rotary Axis Lock to work using the Generic Fanuc 4 axis post. I changed the rot_lock switch to "1" and it still does not work. If I post the same program on the Fadal post, it works fine. I tried switching from continuous to indexing, but that had no effect.

Is there anything else I need change?

Just looked into that post...

this is at the top under "features" ..

# - Support for rotary axis lock/unlock codes when in index mode (see rot_lock)

So you need to have the rotary axis set to "index" in the machine def...

Is your machine a full 4 ax machine or just used for indexing into position?

If it is a full 4 ax machine you will need to do some post editing... (pretty indepth post editing from what i can tell) and I am not sure but don't think you need the lock codes if your machine is capable of full 4ax machining...

If you only use it for indexing.... great!!!!

just go into the machine def and set the rotary axis to "axis positions to fixed angles only" then enter a value for increment or whatever its called...

Just read your first post, you said you tried switching to index from continuous... did you do that in the machine def?

Mine works after I made that change....

Thanks Keith. Almost got it.The lock turns off/on now.

I had changed in the post not the machine def. I am ,in this case, just indexing.

I entered a value of .001 for the index increment in the machine def- the table will handle .001 of a degree. Now when i post, I get the error message "WARNING - INDEX ANGLE DOES NOT MATCH POST SETTING ('ctable')"

In the post there is a value of "5" enter for the ctable

any suggestions?

please?